- Please do not come to the practice if in the last 14 days:
- you have tested positive for COVID-19;
- you have had a cough, fever, or change to your taste of smell or taste;
- you have been exposed to COVID-19, or anyone with the above symptoms.
- you have been abroad in a non-travel corridor destination N.B per government guidelines, you may attend the practice for Test To Release COVID-19 tests
- Please attend the practice at your allocated appointment time as we are not currently able to provide a waiting room. Please also note that for staff safety, only the patient may attend the clinic. We are not able to provide a waiting room service for any additional guests.
Access and parking
Please visit the relevant location page for information regarding access and parking at your chosen site.
Cancellation and rescheduling policy
Please be aware that the practice has a 24 hour cancellation policy. Appointments are non-refundable within this time period.
If outside of your 24 hour cancellation window, please visit your online account if you wish to cancel or reschedule your appointment. To cancel, please visit our website www.mayfieldclinic.co.uk and click Log in. Once signed in with the email used for the booking, you can view appointments (Menu → Appointments) and from here open individual appointments and cancel. For help with cancelling or rescheduling an appointment please read this article.
Invoicing & Payment
Appointments require upfront payment at the time of booking. Additional services (e.g., blood tests, vaccinations, test upgrades) can be paid on the day - with your permission, we will take payment from payment cards stored upon booking. All services must be paid prior to departing the clinic.
Invoices are issued to the individual responsible for the booking. For appointments, invoices will include the billpayer details (Name, Address) and patient details (Name, Date of birth). To change the address on the invoice, please log in to your account via our website and update your address via the My details tab. By default, invoice items are hidden as confidential/redacted for data security. If you require an unconfidential invoice, we will require patient (or legal guardian) permission. To access invoices/receipts, please log in via the website, and go to the ‘Invoices’ tab where you can download PDFs.
General Service Outline (for GP, Nurse, Mental Health, Radiology and Physio services)
- The first time you use our services, please bring photo ID and proof of address for verification purposes
- It can be helpful for our clinicians to have a medical summary to review at the start of your consultation. For GP services, this can be obtained from your existing private GP or NHS GP.
COVID-19 Service Outline
- If you are attending the clinic for a PCR or rapid antigen test and require a travel certificate, please bring a hard copy photo ID with you (passport is preferable). We do not accept photos or screenshots.
- PCR (36-48HR): PCR test results typically take 36-48 hours from when samples leave us, and are sent to the patient via email.
- PCR (Same Day): results are published that evening. Please note that same day tests are only available in appointments before 2PM. Results are sent to the patient via email.
- Rapid Antigen: The Rapid Antigen (Abbott-Panbio) result certificate can be collected within 1 hour of your appointment. Please ensure in advance your appointment, if travelling, that Rapid Antigen testing is accepted by your travel destination.
- Expedited service: For an additional £75 (payable on the day), patients may expedite their test results. For appointments before 2PM, this fee will upgrade tests to a same day result. For appointments after 2PM, results are published ~27 hours from when the samples leave us.
- N.B. We are not able to guarantee a result within a set timeframe, nor can we advise when patients should be tested. The practice is not liable for any other associated costs should your results be delayed. You will be asked to sign a waiver upon arrival at the practice.