COVID-19 Fit To Fly - Hong Kong
Travellers to Hong Kong are being asked to produce a negative PCR test certificate in order to enter the country.
As of October, the Hong Kong government require testing to meet specific criteria:
- The relevant traveller underwent a nucleic acid test for COVID-19, the sample for which was taken from the relevant traveller within 72 hours before the scheduled time of departure of the specified aircraft;
the test conducted on the sample is a nucleic acid test for COVID-19; and
the result of the test is the relevant traveller was tested negative for COVID-19; and
- The laboratory or healthcare institution is ISO 15189 accredited or is recognised or approved by the relevant authority of the government of the place in which the laboratory or healthcare institution is located
- [Optional] A written confirmation in English or Chinese issued by the laboratory or healthcare institution bearing the name of the relevant traveller identical to that in his or her valid travel document and setting out all of the above information. The said written confirmation should be presented together with the test report
We can confirm:
- We are providing a nucleic avid test
- We use a ISO15189 accredited lab.
- UKAS accreditation for our lab is 8812 - It can be viewed here
A PCR test certificate can be obtained via one of two services:
GP-led Testing (PCR Swab)
Our Doctors will oversee the PCR swab process. You are provided with two certificates (1) A GP-letter confirming: Your identity (including passport number if required), Time and date of sample and Certification of correct collection of the sample and (2) a laboratory certificate confirming: Date of sample (self-certified), Date of lab results, Test type and Laboratory accreditation.
- Price: £285
- Sample collection: Overseen by a GP
- Results timeline: 36 hours from leaving the clinic
- Requirements: Please bring photo ID to your appointment
- How to access: Please book an appointment here for a specific time
Home Test Kit (PCR Swab)
We provide you with a PCR test self-test kit. You are provided with a laboratory certificate confirming: Date of sample (self-certified), Date of lab results, Test type and Laboratory accreditation.
- Price: £175
- Sample collection: Self-test
- Results timeline: 24 hours from receipt at lab (for samples returned to Mayfield Clinic, we courier each weekday at 4PM. Samples should arrive at the lab by midday the next day, and typically take 12-24 hours from this point. We send samples by tracked courier and advise patients returning directly to use Royal Mail Tracked24)
- Kit collection: Collected from Summertown or posted
- Sample return: Drop back to clinic in Summertown before 3PM Monday-Friday (into letterbox to the right of the front-door), or sent via Special Delivery or Royal Mail Tracked 24 directly to the laboratory
- How to order: Please order here and specify you require a "ISO15189 test" in the free text field
Unfortunately we are unable to make any guarantees about the turnaround time, accept responsibility for delays or accelerate the testing timeline. We advise that you leave as long as possible between your appointment and date of travel and to avoid travelling at the weekend as we are not open on Saturday and Sunday.
Please review the information above, and if in doubt about your certificate requirements we recommend booking the GP-led testing, as they can adapt their letters to meet your country's requirements.
Please note: The information above is provided as guidance only. The traveller must take ultimate responsibility for ensuring their test meets the requirements of the country they are travelling to. We cannot be held liable for the advice provided here, given the changing nature of the testing environment.