If you are travelling to South Africa, you may need a COVID-19 PCR test to be conducted by a healthcare professional.
Our GP-led PCR testing provides everything you'll need for a safe journey to SA.
Certified GP-Led Testing (PCR)
- Price: £285 for Non-members, £245 for Members
- Test: RT-PCR (or for certain countries (e.g. Norway) we can use the Rapid Antigen - please request this on the day or book the Rapid Antigen appointment)
- Sample: Throat/Nasal swab, overseen by a GP
- Certificates: (1) A GP-letter confirming: Your identity including passport number if required, Time and date of sample and Certification of correct collection of the sample and (2) a laboratory certificate confirming: Date of sample (self-certified), Date of lab results, Test type, Laboratory accreditation and Passport number (unless using ISO15189 lab)
- How long do results take: In-clinic samples typically take 36-48 hours to return results. If you require a faster result our £75 expedited service is available and returns results in under 24 hours (often same day for AM appointments). Results are sent out over the weekend. The Rapid antigen test result takes 15 minutes.
- How are results accessed: Results are normally sent via email. Results are sent out over the weekend.
- Requirements: Please bring photo ID (passport) to your appointment. We cannot accept copies.
- How to access: Please book an appointment here for a specific time
Please note, you cannot attend the clinic if you currently have symptoms of COVID-19 or are legally required to be self-isolating. All patients will be triaged before arrival